Sunday, April 22, 2012

Listening to the audio narratives


My experience listening to some of the other’s audios was very interesting. I found them to be more refreshing than the ones that I listened to on the websites. I feel they were far superior to the one that I had made, but that could just be me being self-conscience about my project.
I felt there were a few audios where the background noise definitely overpowered the speaker. It was difficult to listen without having to turn the volume down, and when I did this it was difficult to hear the speaker. I also really liked when they posted their words with the audio. Only because I find that when I only listen to something I tend to not follow along well, and lose interest. So having those words there to follow along really helped. It was easier for me to not lose my place and not get mixed up in their narrative.
There were definitely some funny ones that I heard, and some sincere. I didn’t hear anybody who I felt was trying to be somebody else, or trying to pitch something. Nobody really went off topic, or digressed any. I found the one about polygamy really accomplished the humorous tone it was going for. I definitely found myself giggling to myself. I also found I liked the audio about music and driving, because that audio narrative is one that can relate to a lot of people, and she seemed completely sincere about her topic. Not to mention her choice of words really flowed well.
Over all I found the experience of listening to the audios to be more interesting than I originally thought it would be. The project really helped open my mind to more options outside of just writing with pen and paper or just typing on a word document. I really look forward to the movie project, although I feel that one will be a lot more difficult to accomplish than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment