Monday, April 23, 2012

taking a walk

So I discovered while living on campus and having no car, it is quite impossible to get anywhere without walking. I mean, I tried the bus once, but after an hour long bus ride, there and back, in the rain, I don't think I'll be running out to buy myself a bus pass any time soon. So I didn't really no where to walk, because frankly I walk all day, I didn't know where to go. I walk to work all the time which is across campus, and I do this at night. I suppose I could talk about all the underage drunken college students I run into while I walk to and from work all the time.
But I wanted to walk somewhere different. So I walked to Burnett woods. It wasn't really a far walk. It was across campus the other way, so I was used to the distance, but it was somewhere I hadn't gone before.
I walked the whole way with my mp3 player, and that just made the walk all the more better, because it was like  my music was synching up to how calm and pretty the day was. I took a lot of pictures and I noticed that I took a lot of pictures of nature. The walked really helped me notice nature. I was in love with the sky and took a picture of the sun behind the clouds as many times as I possibly could. And I took pictures of trees and pretty things. I felt like a flower child.
But that was really my walking experience. I went to the park. I went down the slide instead of using the steps. I sat and played on the swings for the longest time, then I went back to my dorm to finish the piling mound of homework.
It was the good day, and I managed to swing by the public library and get myself a library card and some books. So all in all, I'd say that was a good walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment