Tuesday, May 29, 2012

final project reflection

The final project was a bit hard for me, mainly because I could not decide which prompt I wanted to do. I chose to do the third one because firstly it seemed the easiest to be truthful. I’m used to writing papers, so and answer and response type project seemed like a cake walk to me. I chose Ken Robinson’s Ted Talk, “Do Schools Kill Creativity” because that was my most favorite assignment to watch. I enjoyed his speech a lot, and really felt as though what he was saying was important and mind opening. So I decided to use vuvox as my medium, mainly because it looked like fun and had never used it before. I figured I could get my point across in a pretty fun manner. My choice of song had a lot to do with the fact that I love that song, but I feel it goes with the topic a bit. Ken Robinson’s speech speaks mainly about hierarchy within school systems, and hierarchy within the arts itself, and Mr. Big Stuff seemed like a good fit. The main problem I had with the final project was really connecting the speech to digital media, because the main topic is about creativity. So I tried to connect technology to being congruous with creativity. And I have to admit once I started getting towards the end of the collage on vuvox I did start to get lost as to how to end the project and half assed it towards the very end. But this project really did take me quite a while to put together, and I kind of am proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment