Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Video Concept


I ended up doing a music video of the song "My Body" by Young the Giant. I chose to do this song because it just makes me feel good. It's a song that if it pops onto my MP3 player I will put it on repeat. The song has a great beat, and isn't really too overpowering. It's a song you can get pumped to, or just sit around and get chill to.
                                                                          
The concept I was thinking about doing was portraying teens and young adults partying and doing things that can sort of seem impossible to people when they get to a certain age. I was going to mash footage of that with footage of teens from the 1950s. I wanted that mix of black and white, and proper and contrast it with color and wild.

But upon the class discussion I ended up taking the ideas that were presented into account and decided to change my concept just a little bit. And I decided to keep the footage from the 1950s and some from the 60s and I mashed it with footage of older folks. The footage of the older folks I tried to mimic what the 1950s footage was doing, and I tried for some humor. I definitely just think old people are funny.

So my new concept would be that, as we get older we are still fighting that war with our body. The same war we were fighting when we were younger, and I guess my video also portrays that the war is a lot harder to fight when older, but not impossible.

I have a beating heart at the beginning first because the intro's beat made me think of a heartbeat, but it sort of correlates into the video to show that even though you're fighting this personal losing war, you're still winning the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment