Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Video Reflection


I found that towards the beginning making the video was incredibly stressful. I had to download this aneesoft software thingy so I could download youtube videos, THEN I had to download a converter. Well I didn’t have to download the converter, but it was so much easier to have one that was downloaded so that it just went straight to my documents instead of making me go through my email five hundred times.

I found that finding the footage I needed and then going through them to edit and only choose like the two seconds from each I needed took forever! I made the video all in one sitting and it took me over 8 hours. I found that the 1950’s footage actually wasn’t the hardest, the hardest was finding footage of older people. I ended up borrowing footage from “The Bucket List”, from cell phone and snicker commercials that I remembered from past super bowl commercial airings, and the music video “Sunshine” by Modestep that was shared in class.

I think that I was able, to a certain level, portray my video. In the end I just hope the viewer thinks it is interesting. I think I was able to find just the right footage, but you can definitely tell that towards the end of the video I was definitely just putting some filler in there. When I got to the end of the song I seriously just stopped everything, hit save and uploaded the video.

One part I am really proud of though is the car scenes. I have a edited scene of the car race from “Rebel Without a Cause” starring James Dean, and edited it with this foreign commercial of this old couple driving. I think the two scenes just really mash up really well. I am also proud of the beating heart. I borrowed that off of youtube, but I am responsible for it changing color at the beginning, and I think that that adds a little more edge to it.

Overall I think if I had more time, meaning not other school work I had to get done, and I had more of an arsenal of footage, or actually knew what to look for then I would have been able to portray my concept a bit easier. But I just hope if the concept isn’t understood, viewers at least get some enjoyment from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment