Tuesday, May 15, 2012

rereading the manifesto


I found that the first time I read the manifesto I found it confusing. I think the main reasons for this is because I didn’t really understand what a manifesto was and didn’t fully comprehend what it was trying to say to me. But going back and reading it a second time I understood it a little bit better.  Mainly because we have been talking about digital composition for some time now, and I now understand that a manifesto is a type of document that is supposed to explain a concept to you. So the manifesto was I found to be more interesting the second time around, and it actually helps when trying to understand what digital composition is or is not. Although I did find the manifesto to still be a little confusing.
When it comes to the final project I think I want to look more at the Robinson’s speech, Do Schools Kill Creativity? Out of all the documents we were made to read and watch and listen to this was the one that really stuck with me the most. And I think I’m going to go with the third project idea. I feel more comfortable with this idea because it seems the most conventional, but seems like it would be easy to make it not so conventional. In the usual case this idea would call for an essay or written response, and my idea is to sort of display my written response in another form, probably using vuvox or prezi. I think through the use of pictures, sound and video it would not only make it more easier but add more to the project by in fact making it a digital composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment